Precautionary Measures on COVID-19
UPDATE APRIL 21 2020:
In line with the most recent advisories issued by the Singapore Government, RySense has suspended all in-person / face-to-face focus groups and surveys from 7 April to 1 June 2020 inclusive.
We will only be conducting focus groups and surveys by phone or online during this period.
FAQ FOR RECENT FOCUS GROUP PARTICIPANTS
1. I was contacted to participate in a focus group. Are you still conducting focus groups at this time?
We are only conducting focus groups and interviews by phone or online between 7 April to 1 June 2020. Participating in these groups does not require any in-person contact.
2. I attended a focus group in-person at RySense before 7 April 2020. What happens if there’s a COVID-19 case from the focus group I attended? Will I be informed?
We keep a confidential record of respondents’ contact details for every focus group. We are fully committed to cooperating with the relevant Singapore Government authorities to assist in contact tracing should any confirmed or suspected cases be identified from our focus groups. The contact tracing team in charge of the case will inform you if you are considered to be at risk and provide further instructions on what to do.
3. Who do I inform if I feel unwell/am infected after a focus group I attended at RySense?
You can call or text us at 9106 1615 to inform us if you develop any symptoms after the focus group. If you have not already done so, please seek treatment at any of the Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPCs) or polyclinics. You may look for a PHPC near you at www.phpc.gov.sg. All cases fulfilling the suspect case definition will be reported to the Ministry of Health (MOH) immediately and referred to hospitals for further assessment and treatment.
FAQ FOR RECENT DOOR-TO-DOOR/HOUSEHOLD SURVEY PARTICIPANTS
1. I was approached at home by an interviewer working for RySense. Are you still conducting surveys at this time?
RySense has suspended all in-person / face-to-face surveys from 7 April to 1 June 2020 inclusive. We are only conducting surveys by phone or online during this time.
If you are approached for an in-person / face-to-face survey by anyone claiming to be working on behalf of RySense during this period, please report it to us by writing to enquiry@RySense.sg or by phone at 6572 7500.
2. I participated in a survey that was conducted in-person / face-to-face by RySense before 7 April 2020. What happens if your interviewer is a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case? Will I be informed?
We keep a confidential record of all the households that our interviewers approach for surveys. We are fully committed to cooperating with the relevant Singapore Government authorities to assist in contact tracing should any confirmed or suspected cases be identified in relation to our interviewing work. The contact tracing team in charge of the case will inform you if you are considered to be at risk and provide further instructions on what to do.
3. What precautionary measures do you have in place for in-person / face-to-face household surveys?
RySense has suspended all in-person / face-to-face surveys from 7 April to 1 June 2020 inclusive.
For surveys conducted prior to 7 April 2020, the below precautionary measures applied to all our interviewers:
- Interviewers are required and regularly reminded to observe good personal hygiene.
- Interviewers take their temperature at the start of each workday. If they are not feeling well or are displaying any symptoms, they have to stop working immediately.
- All interviewers are issued with hand sanitisers to disinfect their equipment (tablets) before work.
- Surveys are conducted only at the entry-way of respondents’ homes, and at a safe distance of at least 1 metre away from the respondent.
- A compulsory screening question is included at the start of the survey to ask if any household / family members are on Leave of Absence (LOA), Stay Home Notice (SHN) or Quarantine Orders (QO). If so, interviewers are not allowed to proceed with the interview.
- All our surveys are completely voluntary. Should anyone be uncomfortable participating in the survey or speaking with the interviewer at any point, the interviewer will stop the conversation and move on.